Hello guys, In today’s blog post we will discuss all about Planks. So Today we will talk about the muscles engaged in plan, Benefits of doing plank, the right way to do plank and the do’s and don’ts during plank. So let’s move further and get started,
Muscles targeted in Planks
So plank basically just not only work on your abs it also works on your core muscles (they are- Rectus Abdominis, Transversus Abdominis, External Oblique and Internal oblique muscles), Plank also works on your spine, shoulder, lats, triceps, quads, rhomboids, glutes, hamstring and trapezius. Now let’s move further and see how to perform the Planks properly.
How to do Planks in the correct form?
So here, I am going to tell you how to perform Planks in the correct form, so let’s get started, First of all, plant your hands directly under your shoulder just a little bit wider than should width apart. Like basically you position yourself in a normal push-up position. Ground your toes on the floor. Now, squeeze your glutes to stabilize your body. Remember, your back (spine) should be straight. Yor held always be in a line with your back. Now hold the position. It’s upon that till what time duration you can hold the plank, but don’t hold it for too long. If you are a beginner than you may hold it for more than 20 seconds to 1 minute.
Benefits of Plank
- Improves your flexibility.
- Improves your stability.
- Helps you burn your Calories.
- Improves your overall mental strength.
- Construction your core strength.
- Improves body calibration.
- Improves your balance and coordination.
- Keeps you away from diseases.
Do’s and Don’ts during Plank
Do’s during plank:-
- Do keep your body straight.
- Do stretch your back through your heels.
- Do keep breathing throughout the exercise.
- Do keep a mirror or anything in which you can see your posture while performing the exercise (plank).
- Do engage your core.
Don’ts during plank:-
- Don’t let your hips sag towards the floor.
- Don’t drop your head.
- Don’t arch your back.
- Don’t position your hands too far apart.
- Don’t scrunch shoulder to the ears.
- Don’t stick your booty in the air.
- Don’t hold your breath.
So guys this was all about Planks. I hope you guys understood and will perform it in the correct form.