Hello and welcome back guy’s in our today’s new blog. Today we are going to discuss a very intresting topic that is called Diamond pushups here we discuss benifits of diamond Pushup,how to do Diamond Pushup and some common mistakes made by peoples.
Diamond push ups, also known as tricep push ups, are a variation of this classic bodyweight exercise. Instead of keeping your hands apart, you place them next to (or very close to) each other as you press your body up.While doing this push up, you place your hands on the floor in the shape of a diamond, hence the name Diamond Pushups
Because of the biomechanics, this push up variation is one of the most challenging ones. Unlike the classic push up where your chest (pec) is the primary muscle group that gets worked, your triceps do most of the work here.
The diamond push up is one of the best tricep exercises to engage and work the lateral head (outside of the head) of the three-headed tricep muscle.
HOW TO DO DIAMOND PUSHUP
Diamond push ups are easy to setup, but harder to do. Diamond push ups are also called tricep push ups, and that name is often used interchangeably.
For the diamond pushups, start by doing 2-3 sets of 8-15 repetitions. Choose your sets and repetitions based on your ability to maintain good technique throughout all sets and repetitions.
- Start on all fours with your knees and toes in contact with the floor. Your hips should be above your knees. Your hands should be slightly narrower than your shoulders. Connect your thumb and forefinger to make a diamond shape. Grab the ground with your hands, and engage your lats by rolling your shoulders out to the sides.
- Straighten your legs to lift your knees off the ground so that you get into a pushup position. Your feet should be hip-width apart or together.
- Tense your shoulders and hips while engaging your core. Squeeze your quads and glutes. Your chin should be resting, as if you are holding an egg under your chin. All repetitions should start from this position.
- Bend your elbows and pull your chest towards your hands. Your shoulder blades should retract as you lower to the ground.
- Lower your body until your upper arms are in line with your ribs. Pause for a second at the bottom of the movement.
- While maintaining your alignment, initiate the upward motion by squeezing your chest and straightening your elbows. Your shoulder blades should be facing away as you push up at the top of the movement.
- Finish the movement by squeezing your chest and triceps.
Benefits Of Diamond Pushup
If you’re looking for a good bodyweight movement to train and work your triceps, diamond push ups are the way to go. This is a unique movement because it does a great job of developing the lateral (outermost) tricep head. Doing them contributes to the horseshoe tricep look that many trainees aspire to.
Diamond push ups are a great exercise for building the overall size and strength of your triceps.
Other benefits of the diamond push up include the fact that this movement still trains the chest and shoulders to a great extent. Plus, unlike many tricep exercises, diamond push ups don’t require any special equipment, and you can do them anytime, anywhere.